Workspace is not starting with symbol not found error

Hey,
I am running the v0.6 of self-hosted AWS deployment. When I try to launch a workspace the image building steps are successful but the Theia editor was not showing up. I looked at my cluster and saw that a workspace pod has been created and running. When I looked at the logs I noticed the following error.

bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Not a tty
bash: no job control in this shell
Error relocating /theia/node/bin/gitpod-node: _ZNSt7__cxx1119basic_ostringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEC1Ev: symbol not found                                                                                                                          
Error relocating /theia/node/bin/gitpod-node: _ZNSt19_Sp_make_shared_tag5_S_eqERKSt9type_info: symbol not found                                                                                                                                           
Error relocating /theia/node/bin/gitpod-node: _ZNSt7__cxx1118basic_stringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEC1Ev: symbol not found

On deeper inspection, I found that the error is occurring while executing the following command

exec /theia/node/bin/gitpod-node ./src-gen/backend/main.js $*

Can someone please help me out on this?

Found the issue. This is caused by the theia-ide component where the binaries from the node image node:12.14.1-alpine are being copied into an alpine image alpine:3.9. Changing these to node:12.22.1-alpine and alpine:3.13 has fixed the issue.

1 Like