Urgent: Many workspaces launched at the same time

Hello,

I have an issue. Gitpod launched all my available workspaces (during a prebuild it seems) and now I can’t launch new workspaces. I can’t delete one of the existing ones (the delete button doesn’t work), so I’m kinda stuck here.

also, if I want to visit one of the existing workspaces, I see this

Oh, no! Something went wrong!

Error: 4 DEADLINE_EXCEEDED: Deadline exceeded

Can you help me?

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this. I’m unable to open the majority of new or old workspaces that I have.

Hey both! Welcome to the community :tada:

It seems like there were some issues that happened last night as I’ve seen from conversations such as this one: Gitpod is not loading the workspaces · Issue #4825 · gitpod-io/gitpod · GitHub

Are you both still seeing this issue? If so, can you send me a link to your workspaces so that I can have a look.

I was seeing this a few days ago but it went away. Started seeing this again today.

Error: 4 DEADLINE_EXCEEDED: Deadline exceeded

Same here, both on launching new workspaces and reopening ones that have timed out.

I get an error if I try to delete the workspaces:

construct.js:19 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request deleteWorkspace failed with message: 2 UNKNOWN: pod for workspace c8381159-9411-4a67-9d20-31e736a86112 not found

Also, there’s no visible feedback in the UI when the deletion fails. I had to go to Chrome dev tools to find the error in the console.

We had a minor service outage yesterday (a system-critical service was evicted). We’re looking into this over at [ws-manager] Leaks memory · Issue #4877 · gitpod-io/gitpod · GitHub