Unable to build components required for running gitpod

I am trying to host gitpod on AWS Graviton instances and noticed that some of the images used by the services(registry-facade, node-daemon, image-builder, etc.,) are just compatible with x86 architecture.

I was going through the github code of the components here and noticed there are go(Go lang has a arm compatible base image) based components. So, I tried building the components using the dockerfiles in the respective components. But none of them are building even on x86 as well. For example if I try to build the ws-daemon component using the leeway.Dockerfile I am getting the following error

=> [internal] load build definition from leeway.Dockerfile                                                                                                                                                                                                                         0.4s
 => => transferring dockerfile: 44B                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 0.0s
 => [internal] load .dockerignore                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   0.5s
 => => transferring context: 2B                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     0.0s
 => [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/alpine:latest                                                                                                                                                                                                                    0.0s
 => CACHED [1/6] FROM docker.io/library/alpine:latest                                                                                                                                                                                                                               0.0s
 => [internal] load build context                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   0.4s
 => => transferring context: 2B                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     0.0s
 => CANCELED [2/6] RUN apk add --no-cache git bash openssh-client lz4 e2fsprogs coreutils tar runc strace                                                                                                                                                                           1.6s
 => CACHED [3/6] RUN addgroup -g 33333 gitpod     && adduser -D -h /home/gitpod -s /bin/sh -u 33333 -G gitpod gitpod     && echo "gitpod:gitpod" | chpasswd
=> ERROR [4/6] COPY components-ws-daemon--app/ws-daemon /app/ws-daemond                                                                                                                                                                                                            0.0s
 => ERROR [5/6] COPY components-ws-daemon--content-initializer/ws-daemon /app/content-initializer                                                                                                                                                                                   0.0s
 => ERROR [6/6] COPY components-ws-daemon-nsinsider--app/nsinsider /app/nsinsider                                                                                                                                                                                                   0.0s
------
 > [4/6] COPY components-ws-daemon--app/ws-daemon /app/ws-daemond:
------
------
 > [5/6] COPY components-ws-daemon--content-initializer/ws-daemon /app/content-initializer:
------
------
 > [6/6] COPY components-ws-daemon-nsinsider--app/nsinsider /app/nsinsider:
------
failed to compute cache key: "/components-ws-daemon-nsinsider--app/nsinsider" not found: not found

Are there any instructions on how to build these components individually?

Hi Sri,

we are currently not supporting other architectures. It could potentially work, but we are a small team
and have decided to not support multiple platforms and architectures at this point.
Here’s the current state of our supported platforms. We are moving this to the documentation soon.

Best,
Sven

Hey @svenefftinge!
Thanks for the clarification. Is there any documentation on how to build these components on AMD? I am unable to build the x86 architecture images with the docker files present in the components’ code(maybe I am missing something here). This would help me understand how to build the components on ARM and I can share my findings with you so that when/if you decide to support ARM they’ll be useful for you as well.
Thanks,
Sri