Ubuntu dependancies - New Issue

All,

I have a project called https://github.com/bobdotme/bob-ubuntu-image.git that uses a custom .gitpod.dockerfile. These libraries are indeed not there. Can you tell me what repos are installed so I can troubleshoot?

Sometime in the last 30 days something changed with regard to ubuntu repos.

Also I tested this on self hosted and gitpod.io with workspace-full and both have the same issue

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa/libglapi-mesa_20.0.8-0ubuntu1~20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa/libgl1-mesa-dri_20.0.8-0ubuntu1~20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa/libglx-mesa0_20.0.8-0ubuntu1~20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa/mesa-vulkan-drivers_20.0.8-0ubuntu1~20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libg/libglvnd/libglvnd0_1.3.1-1ubuntu0.20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libg/libglvnd/libglx0_1.3.1-1ubuntu0.20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libg/libglvnd/libgl1_1.3.1-1ubuntu0.20.04.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xdg-utils/xdg-utils_1.1.3-2ubuntu1.20.04.1_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.142 80]

You need a sudo apt update before your sudo apt install.

Another remark: When you switch to the root user you don’t need sudo. Or even better: When you use sudo you don’t need to switch to root. :wink:

2 Likes

Cornelius,

Thanks That was it. I am wondering why now after all this time. Also, I got the imagebuilder working that you were helping with. I left some hints for you guys. It was a DIND issue and MTU in the end. Works perfect now.

If I get a chance over the weekend I will do a total document for k3s from scratch.

1 Like