Timeout and sharing with Gitpod Self-Hosted

Hi there,

Git pod timeout

Is it possible to disable (or increase) timeout on self-hosted instance ?

When i try to increase timeout limit there is a licence error :

Request controlAdmission unsuccessful: 555/\"enterprise license required\

Gitpod sharing

Sharing is also disabled by default on self-hosted instance. Can i enable it ?

Thank you so much for your help :wink:

I鈥檓 kind of curious how or where you鈥檙e trying to increase the timeout limit?

For paper trail purposes, I have filed an issue in GitHub regarding the enterprise license requirement for workspace sharing - Unable To Share a Workspace in a Self-Hosted Environment 路 Issue #6656 路 gitpod-io/gitpod 路 GitHub

As it is stated in the error message, this is now the paid feature. It may come with next release of gitpod which enable all features for less than 10 users, Adjust self-hosted License 路 Issue #5314 路 gitpod-io/gitpod 路 GitHub

Hi,

I鈥檓 so sorry, I didn鈥檛 read your answer鈥

I tried to extend timeout by using 鈥淭imeout extend鈥 button bellow Gitpod UI like that :

Here 鈥渟erver鈥 pod stdout logs :

11/17/2021 11:30:41 AM {"component":"server","severity":"INFO","time":"2021-11-17T10:30:41.735Z","environment":"production","region":"local","message":"Request setWorkspaceTimeout unsuccessful: 555/\"enterprise license required\"","payload":{"method":"setWorkspaceTimeout","args":["bronze-cattle-wlzb7qb0","180m",{"_isCancelled":false}]}}

11/17/2021 11:30:42 AM {"component":"server","severity":"INFO","time":"2021-11-17T10:30:42.020Z","environment":"production","region":"local","message":"Request setWorkspaceTimeout unsuccessful: 555/\"enterprise license required\"","payload":{"method":"setWorkspaceTimeout","args":["bronze-cattle-wlzb7qb0","180m",{"_isCancelled":false}]}}

11/17/2021 11:30:42 AM {"component":"server","severity":"INFO","time":"2021-11-17T10:30:42.158Z","environment":"production","region":"local","message":"Request setWorkspaceTimeout unsuccessful: 555/\"enterprise license required\"","payload":{"method":"setWorkspaceTimeout","args":["bronze-cattle-wlzb7qb0","180m",{"_isCancelled":false}]}}

It looks like @huweiATgithub has linked you to the appropriate GitHub issue. I would think that should resolve the issue. If not, we can create a new issue in GitHub to address this.

Limit self-hosted user to 30m timeout is unfortunate鈥 Gitpod remains in any case a fantastic tool !

Thank you so much for your help !

I am sure this limit will be removed in a future update of the self-hosted version.