Testing Environment using Minikube

I’m currently in the process of setting up a local testing environment using minikube on Ubuntu 18.04. I was able to deploy the helm chart. For the installation an (probably outdated) guide found here was used. The installation of dnsmasq was successfully done and I’m able to reach my gitpod instance with my custom domain name. But when I try to start a workspace I get this:

Request startWorkspace failed with message: 13 INTERNAL: cannot resolve workspace image: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry.gitpod.test/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry.gitpod.test on 10.96.0.10:53: no such host

This might be because I have no certificates for my custom domain. Is there a way to disable them? I tried using self-signed certificates but that was also unsuccessful. I would really appreciate some help on that matter and would love to update the existing guide for the minikube installation when I get it working. I think this is useful for everyone who wants to start hacking around in gitpod.

Hi @henriburau,

That error message sounds like a DNS problem, not an SSL problem.

I’m not familiar with the DNS setup of Minikube but with k3s I had to tell k3s where to find the registry when I used it without domain. Probably you’ll find some inspiration in this file.

Maybe I have some other ideas when you share your values.yaml files or some more info about your DNS setup …

Cornelius