Stuck on "Opening IDE" when using Safari + VSCode

Hi,

When trying to start a Workspace with VSCode as Default IDE it is stuck at Opening IDE.
In the Javascript console I see the following error messages:

[Error] SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.'
	(anonyme Funktion) (purple-unicorn-w6ut3xqy.ws-eu11.gitpod.io:30)
[Error] SyntaxError: Unexpected token '?'
	(anonyme Funktion) (workbench.web.api.js:62)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (browser.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (event.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (lifecycle.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (network.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (resources.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (uri.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (workbench.nls.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (log.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (product.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (browserSocketFactory.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (workbench.web.api.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (windows.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (tunnel.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (remoteAuthorityResolver.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (theme.js, line 0)
[Log] /start: started workspace instance: a0637ef3-10ce-4f16-8358-7149507abfc3 (4.fc9c1199.chunk.js, line 1)

I am using Safari Version 13.0.2 (15608.2.30.1.1).

Using Theia as Default IDE works just fine. I am just worried about August 2021 when Theia gets shut down.

Hey Stefan!

I’ve tried opening up your repo “scriptenv” in Gitpod (VSCode) and it opens for me. Are you still getting this error?

Happy Coding!

Please upgrade to latest Safari. Your version does not have some features which are required to run VS Code.

Unfortunately that’s not possible.
My MacBook does not support the latest Version of macOS which comes with the latest Safari version.

@stefanhoelzl Please use Chrome for the better experience then. Safari is a new IE as it seems :cry: