Self-hosted in MicroK8s, blank page at ingress URL

Only error I can see in any of the pods is this: “Error in fetching sampling strategy: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 0.0.0.0:5778.” which I’ve read is non-fatal. The proxy pod shows the request, the cert presented to my browser is correct, but the response is simply empty. I know this isn’t much to go on but there are no errors for me to provide. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Edit: I’ve done some more digging and I think the issue might be somewhere in the proxy. If I connect a browser directly to the dashboard pod I get a response that contains a likely-looking javascript app. Sure, ws doesn’t connect so the app doesn’t work but it’s more than an empty response. Hopefully that rings some bells for someone because I’ve got no clue how to fix this.

Edit 2: Thanks for being my rubber-duck everyone! For future reference, this whole ordeal was down to the fact that “gitpad” !== “gitpod”. One of those strings is what I meant to put in my values.custom.yaml as my hostname and the other is what I actually did. That threw off the host-based proxy rules and got me the empty responses. I didn’t realize the typo until I shelled into the proxy pod and ran “echo $GITPOD_DOMAIN”

1 Like

Good to hear that you managed to get it fixed. Come join the self-hosted community chat channel at www.gitpod.io/chat btw :slight_smile: