Issues with Gitpod on Windows 11?

I recently transitioned from macOS to a Windows 11 machine and, ever since I transitioned, I can’t seem to get Gitpod to run correctly (in either Chrome or Edge). For example, take a look at the plethora of console errors I get when loading the IDE. I can get some stuff to load and can see code, but everything else is a little concerning. Any thoughts? At first I didn’t think to link Windows 11 to this, but I’m not sure what else it could be.

Hi @mrbogster, welcome to the Gitpod community! :tada:

Hmm, most of these errors in this screenshot don’t seem to be problematic. Let’s unpack the different types of errors/warnings shown here:

• open-vsx.gitpod.io500: this looks a bit concerning, as it could be an internal server error in Gitpod’s OpenVSX proxy. If this error continues to show up (i.e. it wasn’t a temporary outage), and you cannot search for or install extensions in the IDE, please file an issue here: https://github.com/gitpod-io/gitpod/issues

• DevTools failed to load source map: these you can safely ignore. Sourcemaps are additional files that can help with debugging (e.g. if someone needs to investigate a front-end error using the browser DevTools). They’re often omitted in “production” builds, and when they’re absent, it just makes front-end debugging a bit less convenient.

• WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhostlocalapp.LocalApp: this means that the IDE is trying to connect to a “local companion app” (now called VS Code Desktop Support) running on your machine, in case you want to use your desktop VS Code with Gitpod. If you’re not running this app, the IDE reports that it can’t connect to it, but you can also safely ignore this.

• cannot maintain connection to local app: same as above

• DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated: this means that the compiled IDE code is using Buffer(), while it should be using one of the suggested methods instead. This is something that will need to change in the IDE compilation options, but can also safely be ignored for now

• Overwriting grammar scope name to file mapping: I’m not exactly sure what this is about, but it’s a warning and not an error (so by nature could be ignored safely), and it seems to be something logged by the IDE’s language support. If language smartness still works well in the IDE, all is well

So, in summary, the only worrying item I see here is the error 500 on Gitpod’s OpenVSX proxy. This could be a temporary incident, or a bug.

Could you please elaborate on what it means that “Gitpod [doesn’t] run correctly”? Other than the console errors/warnings, what problems or bugs do you see on Windows 11? (Note: I don’t think Windows 11 has any relationship to the observed problems, but I could be wrong.)

Open VSX proxy is not enabled, everythign goes directly to Open VSX via url mapping.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to cover all of those errors! This was super helpful! There were two reasons why I thought it might be windows 11 related, but they may not make sense anymore:

1. I have Fira Code downloading as part of a before task but for some reason that font is not displayed when using gitpod on W11. This is the code I’m running as part of the init process. Am I doing something wrong here?
fonts_dir="${HOME}/.local/share/fonts"
if [ ! -d "${fonts_dir}" ]; then
    echo "mkdir -p $fonts_dir"
    mkdir -p "${fonts_dir}"
else
    echo "Found fonts dir $fonts_dir"
fi

version=5.2
zip=Fira_Code_v${version}.zip
curl --fail --location --show-error https://github.com/tonsky/FiraCode/releases/download/${version}/${zip} --output ${zip}
unzip -o -q -d ${fonts_dir} ${zip}
rm ${zip}

echo "fc-cache -f"
fc-cache -f
  1. For some reason, right after switching OSs, my repo no longer runs npm install successfully (it’s a vue app). The log is enormous but mentions gyp a lot. I’m trying to create some stuff from scratch thinking that perhaps my lock file got corrupted somehow.

I assume neither part had anything to do with W11, but the combination of the two, merged with the fact that I had literally just switched, made me think they’re related.

Tried starting a brand new vue app but still no go. Tried to attach a log but the board won’t allow the file. In essence, when trying to create a new app with vue create app-name, the process fails. Excerpt from the logfile for a vanilla vue app below. Saw on GitHub that node is scheduled to be updated. Related perhaps? Vue doesn’t seem to have any issues opened about this (yet) but I assume this isn’t necessarily a gitpod thing. One thing I did notice is that the process of creating an app hangs for a good minute, and it then eventually ends in the error below.

1230 verbose stack Error: command failed
1230 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/promise-spawn/index.js:64:27)
1230 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:390:28)
1230 verbose stack     at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1064:16)
1230 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:301:5)
1231 verbose pkgid node-sass@4.14.1
1232 verbose cwd /workspace/dataleap
1233 verbose Linux 5.4.0-1049-gke
1234 verbose argv "/home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/bin/node" "/home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/bin/npm" "install" "--loglevel" "error" "--legacy-peer-deps"
1235 verbose node v16.11.0
1236 verbose npm  v8.0.0
1237 error code 1
1238 error path /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass
1239 error command failed
1240 error command sh -c node scripts/build.js
1241 error Building: /home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/bin/node /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js rebuild --verbose --libsass_ext= --libsass_cflags= --libsass_ldflags= --libsass_library=
1241 error make: Entering directory '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build'
1241 error   g++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DOPENSSL_NO_PINSHARED' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.5"' -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/src -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/config -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/openssl/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/uv/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/zlib -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -fPIC -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -std=gnu++14 -std=c++0x -fexceptions -frtti -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast.o ../src/libsass/src/ast.cpp
1241 error   g++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DOPENSSL_NO_PINSHARED' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.5"' -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/src -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/config -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/openssl/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/uv/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/zlib -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -fPIC -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -std=gnu++14 -std=c++0x -fexceptions -frtti -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.o ../src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.cpp

1241 error   g++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DOPENSSL_NO_PINSHARED' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.5"' -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/src -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/config -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/openssl/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/uv/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/zlib -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -fPIC -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -std=gnu++14 -std=c++0x -fexceptions -frtti -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/values.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/values.o ../src/libsass/src/values.cpp
1241 error   rm -f Release/obj.target/src/sass.a && ar crs Release/obj.target/src/sass.a Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/backtrace.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/base64vlq.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/bind.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cencode.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/check_nesting.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/color_maps.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/constants.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/context.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cssize.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/emitter.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/environment.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/error_handling.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/eval.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/expand.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/extend.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/file.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/functions.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/inspect.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/json.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/lexer.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/listize.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/memory/SharedPtr.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/node.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/operators.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/output.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/parser.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/plugins.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/position.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/prelexer.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/remove_placeholders.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass2scss.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass_context.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass_functions.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass_util.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/sass_values.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/source_map.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/subset_map.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/to_c.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/to_value.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/units.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/utf8_string.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/util.o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/values.o
1241 error   rm -rf "Release/sass.a" && cp -af "Release/obj.target/src/sass.a" "Release/sass.a"
1241 error   g++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=binding' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DOPENSSL_NO_PINSHARED' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DBUILDING_NODE_EXTENSION' -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/src -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/config -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/openssl/openssl/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/uv/include -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/zlib -I/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/deps/v8/include -I../../nan -I../src/libsass/include  -fPIC -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -std=gnu++14 -std=c++0x -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/binding/src/binding.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/binding/src/binding.o ../src/binding.cpp
1241 error make: Leaving directory '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build'
1242 error gyp info it worked if it ends with ok
1242 error gyp verb cli [
1242 error gyp verb cli   '/home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/bin/node',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js',
1242 error gyp verb cli   'rebuild',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '--verbose',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ext=',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '--libsass_cflags=',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ldflags=',
1242 error gyp verb cli   '--libsass_library='
1242 error gyp verb cli ]
1242 error gyp info using node-gyp@3.8.0
1242 error gyp info using node@16.11.0 | linux | x64
1242 error gyp verb command rebuild []
1242 error gyp verb command clean []
1242 error gyp verb clean removing "build" directory
1242 error gyp verb command configure []
1242 error gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python2" in the PATH
1242 error gyp verb `which` succeeded python2 /usr/bin/python2
1242 error gyp verb check python version `/usr/bin/python2 -c "import sys; print "2.7.18
1242 error gyp verb check python version .%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:3];"` returned: %j
1242 error gyp verb get node dir no --target version specified, falling back to host node version: 16.11.0
1242 error gyp verb command install [ '16.11.0' ]
1242 error gyp verb install input version string "16.11.0"
1242 error gyp verb install installing version: 16.11.0
1242 error gyp verb install --ensure was passed, so won't reinstall if already installed
1242 error gyp verb install version is already installed, need to check "installVersion"
1242 error gyp verb got "installVersion" 9
1242 error gyp verb needs "installVersion" 9
1242 error gyp verb install version is good
1242 error gyp verb get node dir target node version installed: 16.11.0
1242 error gyp verb build dir attempting to create "build" dir: /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build
1242 error gyp verb build dir "build" dir needed to be created? /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build
1242 error gyp verb build/config.gypi creating config file
1242 error gyp verb build/config.gypi writing out config file: /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build/config.gypi
1242 error (node:4630) [DEP0150] DeprecationWarning: Setting process.config is deprecated. In the future the property will be read-only.
1242 error (Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
1242 error gyp verb config.gypi checking for gypi file: /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/config.gypi
1242 error gyp verb common.gypi checking for gypi file: /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/common.gypi
1242 error gyp verb gyp gyp format was not specified; forcing "make"
1242 error gyp info spawn /usr/bin/python2
1242 error gyp info spawn args [
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/gyp_main.py',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   'binding.gyp',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-f',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   'make',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-I',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass/build/config.gypi',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/addon.gypi',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/common.gypi',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dlibrary=shared_library',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dvisibility=default',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_root_dir=/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_gyp_dir=/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_lib_file=/home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/<(target_arch)/node.lib',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dmodule_root_dir=/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_engine=v8',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '--depth=.',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '--no-parallel',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '--generator-output',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   'build',
1242 error gyp info spawn args   '-Goutput_dir=.'
1242 error gyp info spawn args ]
1242 error gyp verb command build []
1242 error gyp verb build type Release
1242 error gyp verb architecture x64
1242 error gyp verb node dev dir /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0
1242 error gyp verb `which` succeeded for `make` /usr/bin/make
1242 error gyp info spawn make
1242 error gyp info spawn args [ 'V=1', 'BUILDTYPE=Release', '-C', 'build' ]
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c: In function ‘base64_encode_block’:
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c:48:11: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
1242 error    48 |    result = (fragment & 0x003) << 4;
1242 error       |    ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c:52:2: note: here
1242 error    52 |  case step_B:
1242 error       |  ^~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c:62:11: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
1242 error    62 |    result = (fragment & 0x00f) << 2;
1242 error       |    ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c:66:2: note: here
1242 error    66 |  case step_C:
1242 error       |  ^~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/functions.cpp: In function ‘void Sass::Functions::handle_utf8_error(const Sass::ParserState&, Sass::Backtraces)’:
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/functions.cpp:110:20: warning: catching polymorphic type ‘class utf8::invalid_code_point’ by value [-Wcatch-value=]
1242 error   110 |       catch (utf8::invalid_code_point) {
1242 error       |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/functions.cpp:114:20: warning: catching polymorphic type ‘class utf8::not_enough_room’ by value [-Wcatch-value=]
1242 error   114 |       catch (utf8::not_enough_room) {
1242 error       |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/functions.cpp:118:20: warning: catching polymorphic type ‘class utf8::invalid_utf8’ by value [-Wcatch-value=]
1242 error   118 |       catch (utf8::invalid_utf8) {
1242 error       |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/json.cpp: In function ‘char* json_encode_string(const char*)’:
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/json.cpp:405:15: warning: catching polymorphic type ‘class std::exception’ by value [-Wcatch-value=]
1242 error   405 |   catch (std::exception) {
1242 error       |               ^~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/json.cpp: In function ‘char* json_stringify(const JsonNode*, const char*)’:
1242 error ../src/libsass/src/json.cpp:424:15: warning: catching polymorphic type ‘class std::exception’ by value [-Wcatch-value=]
1242 error   424 |   catch (std::exception) {
1242 error       |               ^~~~~~~~~
1242 error In file included from /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8.h:30,
1242 error                  from /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/node.h:63,
1242 error                  from ../../nan/nan.h:58,
1242 error                  from ../src/binding.cpp:1:
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8-internal.h: In function ‘void v8::internal::PerformCastCheck(T*)’:
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8-internal.h:492:38: error: ‘remove_cv_t’ is not a member of ‘std’; did you mean ‘remove_cv’?
1242 error   492 |             !std::is_same<Data, std::remove_cv_t<T>>::value>::Perform(data);
1242 error       |                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error       |                                      remove_cv
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8-internal.h:492:38: error: ‘remove_cv_t’ is not a member of ‘std’; did you mean ‘remove_cv’?
1242 error   492 |             !std::is_same<Data, std::remove_cv_t<T>>::value>::Perform(data);
1242 error       |                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error       |                                      remove_cv
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8-internal.h:492:50: error: template argument 2 is invalid
1242 error       |                                                  ^
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/v8-internal.h:492:63: error: ‘::Perform’ has not been declared
1242 error       |                                                               ^~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp: In function ‘Nan::NAN_METHOD_RETURN_TYPE render(Nan::NAN_METHOD_ARGS_TYPE)’:
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp:284:98: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘void (*)(uv_work_t*)’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*)’} to ‘uv_after_work_cb’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*, int)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
1242 error   284 |     int status = uv_queue_work(uv_default_loop(), &ctx_w->request, compile_it, (uv_after_work_cb)MakeCallback);
1242 error       |                                                                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp: In function ‘Nan::NAN_METHOD_RETURN_TYPE render_file(Nan::NAN_METHOD_ARGS_TYPE)’:
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp:320:98: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘void (*)(uv_work_t*)’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*)’} to ‘uv_after_work_cb’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*, int)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
1242 error   320 |     int status = uv_queue_work(uv_default_loop(), &ctx_w->request, compile_it, (uv_after_work_cb)MakeCallback);
1242 error       |                                                                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:58,
1242 error                  from ../src/binding.cpp:1:
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp: At global scope:
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/node.h:821:43: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘void (*)(Nan::ADDON_REGISTER_FUNCTION_ARGS_TYPE)’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::Local<v8::Object>)’} to ‘node::addon_register_func’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Value>, void*)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
1242 error   821 |       (node::addon_register_func) (regfunc),                          \
1242 error       |                                           ^
1242 error /home/gitpod/.node-gyp/16.11.0/include/node/node.h:855:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘NODE_MODULE_X’
1242 error   855 |   NODE_MODULE_X(modname, regfunc, NULL, 0)  // NOLINT (readability/null_usage)
1242 error       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error ../src/binding.cpp:358:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘NODE_MODULE’
1242 error   358 | NODE_MODULE(binding, RegisterModule);
1242 error       | ^~~~~~~~~~~
1242 error make: *** [binding.target.mk:133: Release/obj.target/binding/src/binding.o] Error 1
1242 error gyp ERR! build error
1242 error gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
1242 error gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:262:23)
1242 error gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:390:28)
1242 error gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:290:12)
1242 error gyp ERR! System Linux 5.4.0-1049-gke
1242 error gyp ERR! command "/home/gitpod/.nvm/versions/node/v16.11.0/bin/node" "/workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
1242 error gyp ERR! cwd /workspace/dataleap/node_modules/node-sass
1242 error gyp ERR! node -v v16.11.0
1242 error gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
1242 error gyp ERR! not ok
1242 error Build failed with error code: 1
1243 verbose exit 1
`

Alright…getting closer I think. Node-sass specifies that for node 16, node-sass version should be 6+, whereas, based on the logfile quoted, it’s trying to install 4.14.1. So it “is” related to a shift in node version in the container?

In doing some more research, I switched from using node-sass to dart-sass. Seems like node-sass will go away in the future for vue, so it was time anyway. That did the trick with all of the build errors.

I have not yet figured out the reason why fonts don’t work anymore, so I ended up using the default font. Is this happening to anyone else?