Installation GitPod on GCP

Hello All,

I am trying to install GITPOD on GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM on e2-medium machine. But it is showing various errors shown below:
Error: error creating NodePool: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient regional quota to satisfy request: resource “CPUS”: request requires ‘24.0’ and is short ‘17.0’. project has a quota of ‘8.0’ with ‘7.0’ available.
Could anyone please suggest me the minimum requirement of VM to be installed to work Google cloud Self-hosted GITPOD?

Thank you for answering…

Hi,
GCP gives you a limit of 24 CPU at the beginning. Navigate to IAM & Admin -> Quotas and filter the list by CPU. There you can request an increase by sending a message to Google.
Further reading: https://cloud.google.com/docs/quota

Best regards,
Wulf

Hello,
Thank you wulfthimm for your response.

Could you please let me know what is the minimum configuration required? How should I set the minimum required quotes for installation?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

the minimum requirements depend on the amount of users working at the same time. There is also the possibility to create an auto-scaling group.
We suggest to use at least three nodes preferably one per zone. The machine-type should be n1-standard-8 but a newer version of n2-standard-8 is also possible but not available in any region/zone.

Best regards
Wulf