Gitpod VSCode Extension MarketPlace Error

None of the extensions are loading in the Gitpod VSCode. And when searching an extension, it says Cannot connect to the extension Marketplace now… Try again later

Can anybody help me with this??

Confirmed. Investigating @kmraman.

I’ve been able to replicate on the US cluster and will be creating an incident is a couple moments. @kmraman can you please reply back with your workspace URL/identifier to re-confirm if you are connected to US or EU. Thanks :slight_smile:

How can I check that ??

I have Layout:US. Is that make some sense…

https://aquamarine-quelea-dz8m8d217.ws-us10.gitpod.io/

This is the URL of my Workspace Snapshot.

The ws-us10 is what I needed. This confirms that you are connected to the US cluster but we have since identified that the OpenVSX marketplace is currently offline thus this outage also affects the EU cluster as well.

Follow Gitpod Status - Installation and browsing of extensions in Gitpod is currently not available for status updates.

1 Like

Is there any update that till what time it will be fixed… It happened with me 2-3 times. But today only, I reported it…

Keep an eye on Gitpod Status - Installation and browsing of extensions in Gitpod is currently not available. OpenVSX is a 3rd party service that Gitpod consumes and is run by the eclipse foundation who recently acknowledged the incident on their end and are working to resolve the status of the service.

Concurrently, because outages like this are unacceptable, we have put a story into the backlog and scheduled it to protect Gitpod users against future OpenVSX outages over at Engineering Groundwork · GitHub

It’s fixed now… Thanks @ghuntley for resolving and helping with this issue.

1 Like