Gitpod Local Companion use sshfs

Can sshfs be used with gitpod local companion?

I was able to do a normal ssh
but when I try sshfs
with something like;
sshfs purple-stingray-t88efqis:/workspace ~/gitpodDir2 -F /tmp/gitpod_ssh_config -ovolname=NAME1
I just get remote host has disconnected

I tried setting the debug options but I am not clear:
at least on MAC it could be related to
/usr/libexec/sftp-server ???

Any ideas? Have you tried this out?

Please see sftp support for local companion ssh · Issue #4963 · gitpod-io/gitpod · GitHub

could you elaborate what for you are using sftp, do you use local editor to edit files in mounted fs?

Well I was thinking on taking advantate of sshfs to mount the gitpod drive into my local fs in my MAC.
It did not work.

I also tried with CyberDuck which is a free open source sftp, but it did not work.
I am able to connect with SSH but not yet able to connect to SFTP

Do you know of any working SFTP client that can be using along with the gitpod companion

Did you check my comment here: sftp support for local companion ssh · Issue #4963 · gitpod-io/gitpod · GitHub?

Yep. I was not sure it those lines are suggested to be run inside the gitpod container:
I ran those two lines
sudo apt install openssh-sftp-server -y
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/sftp-server /usr/libexec/sftp-server

But when I run the cyberduck I get error like: chocolate-horse-zg3n35iq DNS error.
When I sun the ssh I just run ssh -F /tmp/gitpod_ssh_config chocolate-horse-zg3n35iq is there something else I need to do?

When I run the ssh with chocolate-horse-zg3n35iq I see a local address something like 127.0.0.1:50341 for example. I changed that in cyberduck but I am asked for user and password and when I try to point the /tmp/gitpod_ssh_key file it complains of its format.

Any recommended sftp clients you have successfully used ?