Gitpod hangs in stopping state

Hi @svenefftinge,

unfortunately my workspace again seems to be hanging in stopping state, so I can neither acesss it nor download it nor anything else.

Id is f57e25be-234b-4c17-bfc9-7f749484c691 . Can you please put it into stopped state?

It seems this happens only when the workspace is stopped through timeout, as I stopped my other workspaces several times today and everything was fine.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hi @Sandared, sorry about that. @svenefftinge has now force-stopped all workspaces stuck in “Stopping” state again.

Unfortunately, we have to keep doing that manually while we figure out and fix the underlying problem. I will try to help doing that regularly, as well as investigating & fixing the bug.

1 Like

Hi @jan ,
I’ve got the same problem, my workspace fc199515-e924-49af-98be-e1cd3f0a6365
is half way through between starting and stopping, and I can’t do anything. Would you please be able to help me as well?

@MrColorado35 Sure! Done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jan ,

thanks for the update, unfortunately the workspace is still shown to me being in stopping state in the workspaces overview :confused: does it take some time until the overview catches up with changes?

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hmm, the change should be pretty much instant. I’ll check.

EDIT: Sorry, it wasn’t caught by the previous update, but I’ve now fixed it.

1 Like

Awesome :star_struck: Thank you!

1 Like

I have the same problem with my workspace “gray-amphibian-g8t7xqrt”
Thanks.

Sorry for having trouble. I escalated this to the on-call person.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply, is there any solution to the problem? Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. My workspace ivory-mastodon-qcpygq0y is stuck on “stopping”. Can you help me, please?

Hi,
I also have a workspace stuck in stopping (apricot-donkey-hz4mayao). Please help

It works! Thank a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, we just resolved the incident: Gitpod Status - Workspaces stuck in stopping state

We’re so sorry for the inconvenience, if you still need support please let us know!

Hi, I have the same problem, https://tomato-crocodile-2nr687cy … any help?

Thank you a lot for the help!

Same problem in white-herring-6yu35myk

Stopping for the past 4 days

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your patience in our response!

We’ve had a look at your workspace white-herring-6yu35myk. Unfortunately, it seems like the best thing to do moving forward is to start a new workspace and go from there - which I see you’ve already began doing! Apologises again about this.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Happy Coding!
Pauline

Hi @Pauline. I’m experiencing the same issue and need to access my workspace changes ASAP (many my uncommitted changes were supposed to be deployed today). I have also written your contact email - I hope you can fix this as soon as possible.

Hey there! I’ve just seen your message as well on our contact email. We’re currently looking into this, hang tight! I’ll try and update you as soon as I can.

*Happy Coding!