Cannot initialize workspace: cannot initialize workspace: content initializer failed

cannot initialize workspace: cannot initialize workspace: content initializer failed

This is happening on workspace : coral-chicken-kuz2cm81

I am also facing the same issue on AWS self hosted deloyment. Anyone knows how this can be resolved?

Hi @sanvit! Thanks for reporting this problem, and sorry for the bad experience.

I wasn’t able to find relevant error logs for your workspace ID, but the timing or your report correlates with other similar reports that happened during an incident we had over the weekend where a disk went full in one of Gitpod’s servers and started triggering alerts.

This incident has since been resolved, but please report back if you see this error again.

@sri-vathsa For your self-hosted deployment, could it be the same problem that one of your server disks is full, or somehow unwritable? I’m not exactly sure how to debug this, but I’d suggest searching the logs of your Kubernetes pods for relevant-looking errors.

@jan My bad there was some bug in the modifications that I made. The issue got resolved after I fixed that.